Roof Moss Removal and Treatment
Do you have moss growth?
If you live in the Portland or Vancouver area, then you’re familiar with cloudy and rainy days. Unfortunately, this is exactly the type of weather that moss and fungi need to grow and overtake your roof.
In a wet climate like the Pacific Northwest it’s extremely important to maintain your roof and keep moss at bay. Moss soaks up moisture like a sponge which means a mossy roof is a perpetually wet roof.
Roof Moss Removal and Treatment Service
Proudly Serving the Clark County & Portland Metro Area
Is moss really bad for my roof?
Not only does a mossy roof look bad, it can also damage your roof by:
- Hurting the integrity of your roof
- Damaging your shingles
- Allowing water to leak into your home
- Encouraging bacteria and mold growth
- Creating thin spots and holes in your roof
Whether you notice a small amount of moss on your roof or are dealing with a roof completely overgrown with moss, we can help remove and prevent moss from growing on your roof!
Roof Moss Removal Services Near You
At Northwest Roof Maintenance, we offer a proven moss removal treatment to homeowners in the Portland and Vancouver area. Our process uses a combination of compressed air and soft brushing to clear away roof moss.
- First, we’ll gently brush away the moss by hand, freeing it from your shingles.
- Using air, we’ll blow the loosened moss and debris out from between the shingles/tiles of your roof.
- Lastly, we’ll clean your gutters after every roof cleaning and always do a full clean-up of the area and check in with you to make sure you’re satisfied with the results.
Our moss removal process does not damage your shingles. Removing moss will help prolong the integrity of your roof.
Roof Moss Preventative Treatments
We use tried and true preventative treatments to keep moss and other rot-causing organisms away from your roof. Our moss prevention treatments cover the entire roof, ensuring moss has nowhere to grow.
Yes, we do provide a warranty on our treatments. If your first application isn’t effective, we’ll come back within the warranty period at no cost to you!
Our moss prevention treatment can be applied even in the rain. We have two different treatments. One is used specifically when it is wet and the other during the dry months. The wet weather treatment is optimal for when we have our rainy Portland and Vancouver weather.
This is very dangerous and we do NOT recommend it. Every year, thousands of homeowners hurt themselves while trying to work on their roof. Additionally, if you’re not experienced working on roofs, you can cause a lot of damage.
On cement tile roofs a high-pressure wash may be necessary to free moss, mildew, lichen, and algae. This process can accelerate the deterioration of your roof, so we only use this method in extreme cases, or as required by HOA regulations.
- Pricing typically starts at $1,000 for complete roof cleanings.
- Pricing is based on factors that include:
- Size of the roof
- How dirty it is
- Type of roof
- How steep it is
- How easily it can be accessed
- Height of the roof
- Roof moss removal and cleaning in the Portland/Vancouver area with Northwest Roof Maintenance can range anywhere from around $1000. That's why we provide free estimates and inspections.