Roof Certifications Can Help Sell A Home
Whether you are in the process of buying or selling a home it is always important to have the roof both inspected and certified. A roof certification is not usually included in a regular inspection. This makes it so important to receive a roof certification from a reputable roofing company. A professional roofing company will be able to examine the roof and give a detailed inspection report of the roofs needs and disclose its life expectancy.
Benefits of a Roof Certification:
- Inform a buyer about the condition of the roof
- Disclose its remaining life expectancy
- Make repairs, if necessary
What is a Roof Certification?
Roof certifications are not the same as a home inspection. Home inspectors, for the most part, do not do complete roof inspections. Instead, roofing inspectors climb up on the roof, inspect it and issue an opinion on:
- Missing or loose roofing shingles or flashing
- Overall condition of the shingles
- Ridge caps and trim metals
- Flashing around roof pipes, chimneys, vents and valleys.
If the roof does require repairs we will issue the roof certification after the repairs are performed. The certification is good for between two to five years depending on the roofs condition. A roof certification is not a roofing warranty. It is a written opinion of the potential longevity of the roof with proper ongoing maintenance.